Grace Kelly Style
About This Book. Buy Book Biog. Gallery Advertise Search Site
Fashion for Hollywood's Princess (2010)
B O O K
This book, the first to look exclusively at Grace Kelly's unique style, accompanies an enchanting exhibition at the V&A opening in April 2010. Sumptuously illustrated, the book introduces Grace's glamorous wardrobe as she transformed herself from actress to bride to princess.
- Hardcover: 112 pages
- Publisher: V & A Publishing (1 April 2010)
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 27.6 x 22.4 x 1.6 cm
- ISBN-10: 1851775994
- ISBN-13: 978-1851775996
Grace Kelly: Style Icon is at the V&A, London, from 17th April 2010.
- If you can't make the exhibition then this book just about makes up for it. In the history of the world has there been a more sylish, more beautiful woman than Grace Kelly? I can't think of one and this book is ample proof that at the very least nothing has come close since those golden years of the 1950s.
Hollywood star, royal bride, beloved princess - Grace Kelly lived all three roles with a style all of her own. Renowned for her cool beauty and faultless good taste, the young actress stood apart from the other film sirens of the fifties, with 1000s of women, both in the US and Europe, emulating her classic yet accessible style. Her marriage to Prince Rainier of Monaco in 1956 catapulted Grace Kelly to further fame and cemented her influence on the world of fashion. From the Parisian catwalks to the pages of Vogue, the 'Grace Kelly Look' became the look of the moment.
This book, sumptuously illustrated, the book introduces Grace’s glamorous wardrobe - dress by dress, couturier by couturier,
among them Chanel, Madame Grès, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, and Balenciaga - as she transformed herself from actress to bride to princess.
The V&A really do need applauding for releasing this book and mounting the exhibition.
- You can review this book by clicking here and your review will be placed here within 24 hours.
- Available: amazon.co.uk (UK) | amazon.com (US)
Grace Kelly Style. About Book Buy Book Biog. Gallery Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports