About This Dvd. Buy Dvd Advertise Search Site
D V D
We are based in South London near Croydon, UK, and if preferred this item can be picked up by appointment. Just e-mail here. I also welcome the old fashioned cheque and po as it is cheaper to process and all orders are sent off same day as cheque received.
- Actors: Leonard Rossiter, Don Warrington, Frances de la Tour, Richard Beckinsale, Gabrielle Rose
- Director: Vernon Lawrence
- Producer: Vernon Lawrence
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (UK & Europe)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: ITV DVD
- DVD Release Date: 17 Feb 2003
- Run Time: 94 minutes
- This feature-length version of the classic sit-com finds Rigsby (Leonard Rossiter) intending to make Miss Jones (Frances De La Tour) his wife but she's more attracted to the intellectual and atheletic Phillip (Don Waddington). Phillip, however, is quite unmoved being more interested in the sexual shenanigans of his roomate John (Christopher Strauli) who has the long overdue intention of losing his virginity.
Adding to the romantic 'intrigue' is new arrival, seemingly sophisticated Seymour (Denholm Elliott). Miss Jones falls head over heels for the brylcreem-ed newcomer but is unaware that his attraction is to her savings account. Hilarious comedy works its way out of the rising damp of unrequited love.
- Now that's the official blurb. Whatever way you look at it there is no way you can get around the fact that Richard Beckinsale isn't here. The film definately loses something by his death the year before. Now to me when Rossiter and Beckinsale were on the screen at the same time few surpassed this comic duo in terms of the sheer joy and laughter they produced. Even an iconic comedy genius like Rossiter loses something by the absence.
Richard Beckinsale's replacement, Christopher Strauli was a competent comedy actor but he wasn't Beckinsale, now rightly remembered as one of the shining stars of the small screen of British TV.
Also, bear in mind that the film was made in 1979, released in 1980, which was after the sit-com had finished on our screens. Thus the fag-end writing found in the movie corresponds with its date of release.
Still, Rossiter is brilliant and for him alone I would recommend this Dvd. His creation, Rigbsy has to be greatest comedy creation from that era and the movie can be seen as the last rites of a character few have forgotten since.
UK Sterling (new)
(includes UK postage & packaging)
To reserve this item please e-mail by clicking here and include country ordering from. I will then get back to you within 24 hours with availability, price including postage and methods of payment (paypal, cheque, which is preferred, po etc.).
- Also available:
amazon.co.uk (uk) | amazon.com
Currently in Stock. About Dvd Buy Dvd Advertise Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports