About This Dvd. Buy Dvd Mel Gibson War Dvds Advertise Search Site
We Were Soldiers (2002)
D V D
We are based in South London near Croydon, UK, and if preferred this item can be picked up by appointment. Just e-mail here. I also welcome the old fashioned cheque and po as it is cheaper to process and all orders are sent off same day as cheque received.
- Actors: Mel Gibson, Madeline Stowe, Greg Kinnear, Sam Elliott, Chris Klein
- Director: Randall Wallace
- Format: Anamorphic, PAL
- Language: English
- Region: Region 2 (UK & Europe)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 - 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: 15
- Studio: Icon Home Entertainment
- DVD Release Date: 22 Oct 2007
- Run Time: 133 minutes
- In 1965, 400 American troops faced an ambush by 2,000 enemy troops in the Ia Drang Valley (also known as the Valley of Death), in one of the most gruesome fights of the Vietnam War. WE WERE SOLDIERS is a detailed recreation of this true story--of the strategies, obstacles, and human cost faced by the troops that participated. The story focuses on the lieutenant colonel that led the attack, Hal Moore (Mel Gibson), and a civilian reporter who accompanied them, Joseph Galloway (Barry Pepper), as well as a number of other soldiers who were involved.
This is an unusual Vietnam film in that it also shows the North Vietnamese perspective on the battle; their leader Lieutenant General Nguyen Huu An (Don Duong) is depicted as a brave soldier and smart commander. And in addition to the many gory battlefield sequences--which seem to have been influenced by SAVING PRIVATE RYAN--we also see how the carnage of war affects those left behind, the soldiers' wives and children. Ultimately this is a moving anti-war film, which, by sticking close to the true stories of real soldiers, very effectively brings home the overwhelming horror of war.
Mel Gibson role in Randall Wallace's We Were Soldiers: a 2002 war drama which found Gibson in the role of Lt. Col. Hal Moore, commander of the First Battalion, Seventh Cavalry -- the same regiment so fatefully led by George Armstrong Custer.
- You can review this film and Dvd release by clicking here and your review will be placed here within 24 hours. Any news on the making of the film, location details or stories, would be gratefully received.
- Price: £5.99 (UK Sterling)
(Shipped from UK) (Price includes UK postage & packaging. Outside UK please e-mail here with country ordering from for postage quote)
Payment can also be made to Lenin Imports by cheque, po, money order, international money order, cash by registered mail. Please enclose title of item ordering and return address.
5 High Street
- Also available: amazon.co.uk
Currently in Stock. About Dvd Buy Dvd Mel Gibson War Dvds Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports