The Agatha Christie Collection
About This Dvd. Buy Dvd Advertise Search Site
D V D
We are based in South London near Croydon, UK, and if preferred this item can be picked up by appointment. Just e-mail here. I also welcome the old fashioned cheque and po as it is cheaper to process and all orders are sent off same day as cheque received.
- Actors: Geraldine Chaplin, Anthony Perkins, Michael York, Vanessa Redgrave, Albert Finney
Director: Sidney Lumet
Format: Box set, PAL
Region: Region 2 (UK & Europe)
Number of discs: 4
Studio: Optimum Home Entertainment
DVD Release Date: 25 Sep 2006
Run Time: 468 minutes
The Agatha Christie Collection
- Murder On The Orient Express: Elegant, all star production introducing Albert Finney as the first screen Hercule Poirot. A no-good American tycoon lies dead with twelve dagger wounds, but which of the passengers is the guilty party? This classic includes an Oscar winning performance from Ingrid Bergman.
- Death On The Nile: A visually sumptuous and quintessentially British production, Death on the Nile won an Oscar for Anthony Powell's costume design and introduced Peter Ustinov in his first portrayal as the Belgian detective Poirot. Abroad a luxury Nile steamer a mystery assassin takes the life of an heiress.
- The Mirror Crack'd: Angela Lansbury stars as super-sleuth Miss Marple who sets about solving a mysterious death in the archetypal English village of St. Mary Mead. The film is based on the Agatha Christie novel 'The Mirror Crack'd From Side To Side' that was written in 1962. It features an all star cast including Tony Curtis, Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor.
- Evil Under The Sun: A star-studded cast heads this Agatha Christie story of one man's efforts to fathom the mysterious death at a resort hotel in the Mediterranean. Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot. Also stars Jane Birkin, Diana Rigg and Maggie Smith. The film is based on the novel 'Evil Under the Sun' that was written by Agatha Christie in 1941.
More on the Films
- Essential viewing for any fan of the “whodunit”, this box-set contains three classic Poirot mysteries perfectly complimented by a Miss Marple outing. Sidney Lumet’s Oscar-winning MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS stars Albert Finney in his only incarnation as the Belgian sleuth Poirot – this despite Agatha Christie’s own endorsement of him as her personal favourite (obviously she never saw David Suchet). Ingrid Bergman won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her role, a feat she repeated at the BAFTAS where the film had 10 nominations in total – also a win for Best Supporting Actor for John Gielgud.
Peter Ustinov then exercised his “little grey cells” as Poirot in the subsequent DEATH ON THE NILE and EVIL UNDER THE SUN, supported by an equally stellar cast that included Jane Birkin and Maggie Smith in both films, Bette Davis, Mia Farrow, David Niven, James Mason, Roddy MacDowall and Diana Rigg.
Finally, everyone’s favourite crime-solving OAP the Oscar-winning Angela Lansbury moved from a supporting role in DEATH ON THE NILE to centre stage as Miss Marple in THE MIRROR CRACK’D. The list of luminaries that graced the cast lists of these films illustrates the quality of these archetypal British mysteries: Geraldine Chaplin, Tony Curtis, Edward Fox, Rock Hudson, Kim Novak, Elizabeth Taylor, Lauren Bacall, Jacqueline Bisset, Sean Connery, Anthony Perkins, Michael York and Vanessa Redgrave.
UK Sterling (new)
(includes UK postage & packaging)
To reserve this item please e-mail by clicking here and include country ordering from. I will then get back to you within 24 hours with availability, price including postage and methods of payment (paypal, cheque, which is preferred, po etc.).
- Also available:
amazon.co.uk (uk) | amazon.com
Currently in Stock. About Dvd Buy Dvd Advertise Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports