About This Dvd. Buy Dvd Advertise Search Site
The Complete Series
D V D
We are based in South London near Croydon, UK, and if preferred this item can be picked up by appointment. Just e-mail here. I also welcome the old fashioned cheque and po as it is cheaper to process and all orders are sent off same day as cheque received.
- Actors: Tony Curtis, Roger Moore, Laurence Naismith
- Format: Box set, PAL, Special Edition
- Catalogue Number: 7952672
- Time: 1300 mins approx + extras
- Region: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Subtitles: None
- Sound: Mono
- Picture: 4:3 / Colour
- Number of Discs: 9
- Classification: PG
- Barcode: 5027626267247
Danny Wilde and Lord Brett Sinclair are two millionaire playboys – one a self-made man who battled his way out of the New York slums and the other a peer of the realm, born into money – who are duped by a retired judge into righting wrongs in a series that combines action, style, humour and panache in equal measures. This show is widely regarded as one of entertainment mogul Lew Grade’s most memorable and glamorous ITC productions.
Originally broadcast on ITV1 in Autumn 1971 and filmed in an array of stunning European locations, The Persuaders! stars Hollywood legend Tony Curtis (Some Like It Hot, The Boston Strangler, Sweet Smell Of Success) and Roger Moore (The Saint, The Spy Who Loved Me) as the mismatched playboys with an eye for the ladies and a knack for landing themselves in compromising situations. The show was a hit in the UK and capitalised on Curtis’ impressively diverse film career and the enormous success of Roger Moore’s near decade-long run in The Saint. The show also features many fine performances from high-calibre special guests including Joan Collins, Denholm Elliot, Susan George, Patrick Troughton, Bernard Lee, Ian Hendry and Terry-Thomas.
Special Features exclusive to this set:
- The Morning After - Remembering The Persuaders!
A brand new feature-length documentary with contributions from Tony Curtis and Roger Moore, producer Robert S Baker, production executive Johnny Goodman, production manager Malcolm Christopher director of photography Tony Spratling, writer Brian Clemens, first assistant director Peter Price, director Roy Ward Baker, assistant director Ken Baker and actor Stuart Damon.
Overture featuring Tony Curtis and Roger Moore
Overture featuring Robert S Baker and Johnny Goodman
A Death in the Family featuring Roger Moore, Robert S Baker, Johnny Goodman, Malcolm Christopher and Ken Baker
rarely seen edition of the Dutch television magazine programme reporting from the Pinewood set of The Persuaders! episode The Man in the Middle including interviews with Tony Curtis, Roger Moore and Terry-Thomas.
- Top of the Pops promotional film for John Barry’s single of The Persuaders! featuring Pan’s People
- European promotional spots featuring Tony Curtis and Roger Moore
- The Saint episode The Ex-King of Diamonds
Regarded as the pilot for The Persuaders!, this episode sees Simon Templar join forces with an antagonistic American on the Riviera. Optional commentary with Roger Moore, Johnny Goodman, Alvin Rakoff and Robert S. Baker
- Four feature film compilation versions and trailers
- Trailer and opening sequence for unreleased feature version of The Persuaders! film
- Trailer for Overture
- Mute news footage of Tony Curtis ordering a Lagonda from Aston Martin in 1974
- News footage of Roger Moore in the early 1970s, working as a design consultant for a clothing firm
- Interview with Tony Curtis on the Russell Harty show in 1974
- Extensive stills gallery featuring nearly 1000 images, many previously unseen
- Textless episode material
- French title material
- Commercial Break bumpers…and more!
UK Sterling (new)
(includes UK postage & packaging)
To reserve this item please e-mail by clicking here and include country ordering from. I will then get back to you within 24 hours with availability, price including postage and methods of payment (paypal, cheque, which is preferred, po etc.).
- Also available:
Currently in Stock. About Dvd Buy Dvd Advertise Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports